A couple of forts

I can't believe that Christmas is this week, we are in the count down and my kids could not be more excited!
The cold has been keeping us from spending our almost daily time in Prospect Park for the past few weeks, but when we have visited in this late autumn we've come across some exciting forts...


built by others, but ready and waiting for us to spend a good hour or so adding to the structure, pretending to hide out, 




or sometimes, just to stop for a moment, climb inside and look up at the sky. Reminding me of this magical fort that we found last winter. I love how it is so easy for us to all get involved in a family project when we are outside, with no distractions, and the imagination can fly!


Just a reminder that this is the last day to enter my giveaway to win Nicole's beautiful Indonesian glass bead necklace! I'll choose a winner tomorrow on the Solstice, the official start of winter here and our shortest day of the year! I love the Solstice for the knowledge that from here on we get a bit more light with each passing day!

2 comments:

BananaSaurusRex said...

I love Carys's halo in the first photo - looks like such fun!

k.b.e. said...

Love these forts! And you remind me of how important forts of all kinds are to a full childhood experience. It's just huge! The world within a world, the recreation of a home in the wild outdoors. The feeling of cozy within the great expanse. The problem solving development inherent in figuring out how to build it. The list goes on! Can't wait to make a fort in the park w/ M.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.