Circle rocks on the beach

Well hello September. How can you be here already?
As far as I'm concerned we are still on our "August break" until we return to NYC at the end of this week. So, I'm going to continue right on with sharing our time in England. 
The coast in Cornwall was very dramatic, cliffs and large rocks, reminding us very much of the California and Oregon coasts. Including a fun steep hike down to the sand.

There were lots of nooks and crannies on the huge rocks for the kids to play in, and to find tide pools with treasures left by the sea.

I have been collecting "circle rocks" for years. I am always on the look out for rocks with a perfect circle around them, and this beach was full of them! Every where I turned!

In all shapes and sizes. I loved this heart shaped one...
I created an installation on the beach with my finds, and the kid's help. It was a fun project for an hour and we all got into the hunt for circle rocks.
as Frank sketched on a rock nearby...

3 comments:

Helen (Dixon Hill Girl) said...

Hi Faith!

It's been so lovely to find you dropping into my blog. And I've enjoyed following your English adventures. So glad you're having a good time.

By the way, I love that circle rock installation. You're giving me ideas!

Enjoy the rest of your trip...

Helen.
xx

Stacy (Mama-Om) said...

Wow, what a wonderful trip it looks like you're having.

I love circle rocks. I love rocks! :)

Gina said...

Those rocks are way cool! Love them!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.