Collaboration with Lou & Grey


It was such a special pleasure to have 4 of my watercolor paintings purchased by the Anne Taylor Inc. company Lou & Grey last year, to become fabric designs in their Autumn 2016 collection!

In the summer of 2015 I began diving deeply into my explorations in watercolor painting, I was especially inspired that summer by a month long trip to Europe in which I took just a few supplies with me. I traveled with a watercolor painting set, a roll of sable brushes, and a couple of cold pressed Arche watercolor paper pads. With these simple tools I painted daily on that trip, gathering color & shape inspiration from all the beautiful spots we traveled through. Lou & Grey purchased the paintings the following Autumn and all 4 of the paintings that became part of the Lou & Grey collection were created on that trip!

Seeing my paintings turned into fabric was a complete JOY and now I love wearing the pieces from the collection!!





This is the original triangle piece that the pictured fabric pattern was created from.














This project reminds me that big or small you just never know where your explorations will take you!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.