If you have been thinking about joining our Pura Vida painting retreat in Costa Rica but have some questions we thought that these FAQ’s would be helpful:
“I have been thinking seriously about joining your painting trip to Costa Rica and wanted to ask a few questions...”
1. Is this trip going to be pretty intensive in art making and teaching? I have not been able to make much art in the past few years and there is nothing I am craving more than 24 hours a day to paint, talk about art, learn new techniques etc. Does that sound about in line with how you have designed the trip?
Answer: We've had a lot of questions about the nature of the retreat and the balance of art making to relaxation. Really, you can decide how much you'd like to go to the beach vs make art, but we wanted to flesh out the structure. We plan on teaching in the mornings from 9 to 1pm and you will have 24 hr access to the work studio and art supplies. Breakfast and lunch will be served buffet style in our common space, so you can eat at our leisure. Both Faith and Mati have a lot to share both techniques and art-making wise and we'll be available for instruction at other times too. We envision that this retreat will be super juicy and inspiring and you may want downtime to soak up the lessons and be further inspired by the ocean, tropical nature and colors.
2. What time does the retreat begin on the 19th and end on the 25th for logistics and airline purposes?
Answer: Participants are welcome to arrive any time after 12PM on July 19th to settle in and enjoy the beach and pool. At 5PM that evening we will begin the retreat with an opening circle gathering and a shared welcome dinner. Check out on the 25th will be at 10AM, shuttles to the airport will leave that morning to get people to their flights.
3. How far is the retreat location from the airport....is there a shuttle that can be taken?
Answer: The Jungle Beach House is about an hour from the airport. There are multiple shuttle services that we can recommend. We’ll send you a list of those services once you register. When we have everyone’s arrival/departure times we can coordinate shuttle shares for retreat participants upon request.
4. What is the name of the airport closest to the retreat?
Answer: The closest airport is called Liberia, Costa Rica and the retreat itself will be held in the town of Nosara, on Costa Rica’s Nicoya Penninsula.
5. Are all the art materials included in the price? If so will we have access to canvases or professional paper?
Answer: We will supply most of the art materials including a couple of larger canvases (24” x 24”)— all included in the price. We only ask that you bring a few small things: select paints, brushes and collage paper of your liking.
6. How fast do your retreats generally fill? I am trying to figure out logistics for that week. Do you have a general idea of when I should register by to ensure a spot?
Answer: We have had a lot of interest in the retreat and spots are filling up, we suggest you book ASAP to reserve your spot!
Please feel free to run any further questions by us!
Faith (at) faithevanssills.com
Hope you can join us on this amazing adventure! :)))