Seven and a pirate party


My boy turned seven last Saturday (7!), we celebrated with his class in their school yard with a special ceremony in which he held the globe and walked around a little model of the sun once for each year of his life as I told the story of what he did and how he developed in each year. Quite a sweet ceremony for my mama-heart as I was able to relive all of his milestones in his story.

Last Sunday we had our big blow out party at our house, a Pirate Party! My kids love picking a theme for their birthday and this year Jasper started planning his Pirate party back in the summer. Almost before we knew anyone to invite! Now we feel so thankful that through Jasper's school he has made so many friends so quickly. He really loved his birthday party, and I had fun planning all of the little details...


the banner and snack table,


silly "pirate" names for the snacks,


the pirate ship pinata,


Frank planned a complex scavenger hunt, which the kids did as a group, and really put their energy into!





and then there was the cake, which Jasper art directed and I decorated, we think it turned out well. The story is that boat has crashed on the island but the shark does not want to give up and one of the pirates has spotted the treasure,


What an exciting time we had, such fun, and now as the dust settles I have to get used to the fact that my lovely boy is already seven!!

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hello Faith,
Looks like a fun party for Jasper with lots of new lovely friends. Hope you are all well. We are great, looking forward to Elle's B'day party this weekend...then time to start packing of OZ - back to my roots...yippee!
Be in touch when you get the chance, we will miss you this weekend...
K xo

BananaSaurusRex said...

Yea Jasper! Yea new friends!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to jasper! what a fun party! my boys used to looove treasure hunts as well :)

Estelle Hayes said...

That looks like such a fantastic party! The scavenger hunt sounds like a dream birthday party highlight.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.