[Painting of the Week] Harmony of the Microcosm

Harmony of the Microcosm

Today my Painting of the Week is one from a whole series of Lotus paintings that I did a few years ago. I had such fun painting the floating Lotus form here that repeats throughout the series. It seems almost to move as it becomes a character within the environment of the piece. As I painted this one I was thinking about small parts within a whole, a microcosm, and how everything in our world is interrelated from the smallest particle. Each small part is important to the whole and relates with its own symmetry and beauty. I had so much fun painting these Lotuses, each petal blending into the next, becoming a whole within the energy of the mark. You'll see more from my Lotus series in the coming weeks.
Prints are here.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Love the movement int the white lines of the lotus blossom... so tight! hehehee! very energizing...

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.