Flora

While our trip to Florida has been a bit disappointingly unseasonably cold, meaning we've had almost none of what would be our normal beach routine here, we have enjoyed endless beauty of the floral variety. Visiting botanical gardens both here, where my in-laws live in Naples, and on our interlude to Miami, have been highlights of our trip for me! Here are some of my favorites.


Speaking of "flora", Frank and I just want out on a rare movie date to see Avatar (yes, for the second time). I just had to go see it again to be back in the visual delight of that jungle, if you've seen the movie you know what I mean! All of the details of the world that Mr. Cameron created in the movie, the bugs, glowing plants, floating mountains, it all just blows me away visually. My head is still spinning, I loved it!

4 comments:

Sonja said...

Your daughter is so sweet, what beautiful flower pictures! Sorry it wasn't warmer for you! <3 Sonja

jacqueline said...

Oh my such gorgeous photos and your little one is so pretty! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

Unknown said...

The pictures are so beautiful, The walkway is so dreamy peaceful, Thank you for all your photos and art, They inspire me!

Estelle Hayes said...

Stunning photos. I'm sorry to hear about the weather. I literally thought of you soaking up the sunlight and warm sand. Still sounds like it was a lovely getaway though. And a date night too? Not bad at all.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.