Ballerina dress

I pulled the dress out of a box at my parent's house, there was the familiar pattern of the flowers, bringing back the memory of the cool cotton feeling of the top layer as it was poofed up by the puffy crinoline slip. I remembered the feeling of the skirt as it brushed my legs and swirled around me as I twirled.
There were a few holes that I mended slowly, thinking that there was no way that she would be big enough to fit into it yet, and then yesterday I took it out and she saw it...and it was love at first sight.

It fit almost perfectly, and then the spinning began, oh yes.

Oh and the smiling too, lots of smiling.

In fact she didn't stop looking at it all day. She made it her own and named it, the "ballerina dress".

4 comments:

BananaSaurusRex said...

Oh, sweetness!

jacqueline said...

This is sooo soo sweet! That dress looks gorgeous and so well maintain! This remind me of a dress i kept as well...a dress that i fell in love with when i was 9 years old. I hope it is still looking good. When im back at my papa's i will need to check on it! :) Thanks so much for sharing this with us! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!

jacqueline said...

Oh faith, i forgot to mention that Vera Wang is my favorite desinger!! How cool to know that your wedding dress is from Vera Wang! :) I really would love to peek at your wedding reception and your wedding dress photos some days. :) Love to you!

Estelle Hayes said...

That photo of her smiling is just breathtaking. Love this post.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.