The MET

We visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art this week, oh how I do love that building and all that is in it.
When I was in Graduate School at Parsons, one of our visiting artists was an eccentric and celebrated man who famously visited the MET every single Friday to sit in front of painting after painting. I get that, truly. Oh, to have the luxury of time to sit in front of those paintings! Instead, this visit we were there with friends and decided that each child would pick out a postcard of one of the pieces in the museum, and then like a scavenger hunt we were off to find each piece!
It was magic! The kids loved their project. Here are some of my favorite things that we found...

A peaceful Buddha.

This sweet lion.

A woman lifting her way out of a block of marble (loved this one!).

Yummy art deco.

Of course, I think the kid's favorite was probably the view of Central Park on our way home!

4 comments:

BananaSaurusRex said...

So sweet! I have such fond memories of visiting the SFMOMA with my Daddy when I was little. You're doing your wee ones a great service!

Sonja said...

I love the piece of the woman coming out of the marble, its beautiful! That "treasure hunt" sounds like such a fun idea for kids!! I love museums, the last one I went to was St. Paul's science museum in October, I got to see the Titanic exhibit... absolutely breathtaking! Hopefully one day I can visit the Metropolitan museum, it looks wonderful! <3 Sonja

Unknown said...

what a wonderful experience!

Karla Tull Aron said...

I recognize these pictures! I heart NYC so much and the Met is just, well, the Met! What else can you say about it. It's just special.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.