Watching over you

This new painting was inspired by a collage that I made at the Children's Museum, yes I do find inspiration even (maybe especially) on the art table at the Children's Museum. We were there at craft time and they brought out this box over flowing with stamps and ink. How could I resist that?
So I sat down with the kids and made this collage:

I liked my stamp collage so much that as I gazed at it back in the studio I just knew that I had to make a painting from it.
The deer became the main character, and as I painted the whole thing became about a Mama and baby deer foraging in winter. The Mama deer gazing, and carefully directing her baby deer. She is always watching over him.

This painting is getting wrapped up and placed under the Christmas tree for Jasper this year (shhh, its a surprise!)
I want him to know, from his Mama:
The Sun, the Moon, the Stars and I; we are always watching over you.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Faith, I have missed you! Thank you for staying in touch with me and visiting my blog. I am so happy to be back here and catching up on what is going on with you and I must say I am loving the deer- I love that you are giving art to your child and I especially love what you wrote about watching over him. That is incredibly sweet and loving.

Lindsay said...

I LOVE the butterfly collage! Wow you make such amazing paintings! I'm more than happy to wait for your 3 picture collage btw :) Love Love

Karla Tull Aron said...

I love the sentiment in this post and in your painting. It's beautiful. The image has a hint of the nativity about it -- just wondering if you intended that? Of course maybe that's just me seeing it that way. It has a Christmas feel to it. It would make a beautiful card and print, too, for this time of year.

jacqueline said...

It's beautiful and i love the sentiment behind it. :) I agree with karla that it does have a chirstmas feel! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Keva said...

This is very beautiful - in fact all of your work is beautiful.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.