Beach house


This is the closest thing that we have to a beach house at the moment. Isn't it perfect?
Summer is in full force and I am taking the kids to the beach once a week. This is part of my embracing New York movement...a personal movement that I have to undertake every summer when all I want to do is be outside in nature, I have to find the nature and embrace it here where we live!
Our closest favorite beach is at Jacob Riis Park, only a half hour drive from our house in Brooklyn. It is part of the Gateway National Recreation Area, a national park that is right here in the coastline and bays surrounding New York City.
So far we are loving it, especially as this year the kids are a little older and better able to run in the waves!

2 comments:

shakti space designs said...

My, my what a talented woman you are, and your husband too! I'm getting caught up with Marisa's course and making it a point to wander around and introduce myself to fellow fish and their blogs. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself on your blog, and your beautiful work - just lovely!

mayaluna said...

Faith, I just spent a wonderful weekend in NYC with kids in tow. I love how you're embracing your environment... and finding your beaches!I grew up in a city and have many fond memories of urban beaches and lakes that were a quick drive away. Your children are so lucky to have you!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.